Thursday, February 11, 2010

Dino Dance

I'm just getting real frustrated with my weakness in the area of perspective. This drawing is an attempt to start overcoming this shortcoming by using very traditional techniques in drawing.

The entire figure was created using cylinders, circle, and rounded cubes in black. Then when I had the basic thought, I turned the drawing upside down and created the outline in red over top the original sketch, along with some of the minor details. Then I turned it right side up again and filled in more detail and shading, converting the red line to black before exporting.

I feel that it's a step in towards the skill level I'm hoping to achieve (though it's still a hard pill to swallow that I'm working at this intermediate level at my age!).

Posted via email from sknygrydg07's posterous

No comments: